WAEC Government Past Questions and Answers PDF Download| This article would provide some questions that those writing Government questions can use and practice. A lot of questions in external based examinations are repeated hence the need to practice previous past questions because some questions might likely come out in the upcoming WAEC Government examinations.
WAEC Government Past Questions & Answer
Below is a list of some WAEC Government past questions:
1. The constitutional power given to the judiciary to interpret legislative acts, executive, and administrative actions to declare its constitutionality or otherwise is
a. judicial power b. separation of power c. judicial review d. administrative processes
2. The ultimate duty of a citizen is to demonstrate his/her
a. allegiance to the sovereign b. loyalty to the state c. respect for the national flag d. contribution to government expenditure
3. Conventions and usages are rules based on
a. traditions and customs b. previous constitutions c. legal documents d. decisions of commoners
4. The body responsible for the execution of the policies of government is the
a. Pressure group b. Civil Service c. Constitutional Conference d. Electoral Commission
5. The electorate is defined as
a. Intended candidates for voting b. elected party members c. elected civil society group d. citizens that are qualified to vote
6. The right to govern and administer the affairs of the people of a country is
a. Power b. diplomacy c. authority d. influence
7. One of the following is a characteristic of a unitary government
a. Heterogeneous society b. Homogeneous Society c. Communal Society d. Feudal Society
8. The mass type of part is
a. broad-based b. capitalist c. feudalist d. conservative
9. Who among the following provided the detailed work on sovereignity
a. Jean Bodin b. Fredrick Engels c. Bolaji Akinyemi d. Thomas Hobbes
10. The family and peer groups are important agents of
a. political culture b. political socialization c. charismatic authority d. traditional authority
11. The confederal systems of government is unpopular because
a. the government operates oligarchy system b. it does not follow due process c. it discourages rapid development d. all the component units are sovereign
12. Local government is relevant because it provides political
a. discussion among electorate b. discipline among party members c. representation in the judiciary d. participation at the grassroots.
13. Pressure groups provide
a. Manifestoes for political parties b. sponsorship of candidates for political office c. aims and objectives for a wider appeal to the electorate d. means by which governments ascertain public reactions to their policies
14. The authority of the state is collectively exercised by the
a. executive, legislature and judiciary b. president, governor and chairman c. police, army and navy d. government, people and the civil servants.
15. In a presidential system of government legislative approval is not necessary for the
a. appointment of supreme Court judges b. ratification of treaties c. granting of pardons d. appointment of civil servants.
If you want the full PDF copy of these past questions then drop your request in the comment section below.