WAEC 2021/2022 Physics Past Questions & Answer PDF Download| The West African Examination Council Physics past questions and answer PDF is available for download and this article would guide you on how to get the past questions and answers.
About Physics Past Questions and Answer
WAEC Physics Past Questions and Answer Sample Questions
In this question, we would provide sample questions for those who are writing Physics in the upcoming WAEC examination to use and practice.
1.The derived unit of pressure can be expressed as? a. kgms-2 b. kgm-1s-2 c. kgm-2s-2 d. kgm-1s2
2. Which of the following devices is used to determine the relative density of an acid?
a. Manometer b. Hydrometer c. Hypsometer d. Hygrometer
3.A block of wood of density 0.6gcm-3, weighing 3.06N in air, floats freely in a liquid of density 0.9gcm-3. Calculate the volume of the portion immersed. (g = 10ms-2) a. 510cm3 b. 340cm3 c. 254cm3 d. 170cm3
4.A metal ball of weight W falls through a column of glycerine of viscosity V. If the ball experiences an upthrust U and terminal velocity is attained, then a. W > U + V b. W =U + V c. W = U -V d. W < U + V
5.Which of the following substances is the most volatile at room temperature? a. Water b. Diesel c. Petrol d. Kerosene
6. The movement of fluid up or down a narrow tube is? a. Osmosis b. Brownian motion c. capillarity d. diffusion
7. A bird flies at 10ms-1 for 3s, 15ms-1 for 3s, and 20ms-1 for 4s. Calculate the bird’s average speed a. 4.5ms-1 b. 15.0ms-1 c. 15.5ms-1 d. 51.7ms-1
8. The time of flight for a projectile motion is given by the expression. a.Usinθ/g b.Usinθ/2g c. 2Usinθ/g d. Usin2θ/g
9. An object is dropped from the top of a tower. If it takes 4s for it to reach the ground, calculate the height of the tower (g = 10ms-2, ignore air resistance) a. 20m b. 40m c. 80m d. 160m
10.A simple pendulum makes 50 oscillations in one minute. Determine its period of oscillation a. 0.04s b. 0.83s c. 1.20s d. 50.00s
11. The tendency for a stationary body to continue to remain at rest when a force is applied to it is known as a. friction b. impulse c. inertia d. momentum
12. The S.I Unit of heat is a . joule b. kelvin c. watt d. ampere
13. A girl stands on a scale in a lift. If the reading on the scale is less than her weight, then the lift is moving a. upward with uniform speed b. upward with uniform acceleration c. downward with uniform speed d. downward with uniform acceleration
14. A body is pulled through a distance of 500m by a force of 20N. If the power developed is 0.4kW, calculate the time for which the force acts a. 250.0s b. 25s c. 2.5s d. 0.5s
15. The thermopile is a device for detecting a. radioactive radiations b. radiant energy c. X-rays d. the presence of electrons
- A spiral spring with a metal extends by 10.5cm in air. When the metal is fully submerged in water,the spring extends by 6.8cm. Calculate the relative density of the metal(Assume Hooke’s law is obeyed)
- A ray of light is incident on an air-glass boundary at an angle θ. If the angle between the partially reflectd ray and the refracted ray is 90°, calculate θ, given the refractive index of the glass is 1.50
- Explain the term elctrodes in electric cells
- An electric current passing through an electrolyte for 2 minutes deposited 200g ofa substance. If the electrochemical equivalent of the substance is 8.33 * 10.-4gC-1, calculate the current passed.
- Explain why sound waves cannot be plane polarized
- Define surface tension
- State the two methods by which the surface tension of a liquid can be reduced
- Explain why it is desirabe to install an air conditioner near the ceiling of a room and not close to the floor
- On what principle does lightining in a flourescent tube operate?
- State the two factors which determine the color of light produced in a flourescent tube.
- State the principle of conservation of linear momentum
- Explain the mode of action of a propelled rocket
- During a training session, two footballers pass a ball repeatedly between themselves. Give two reasons why the to and fro motion of the ball is not simple harmonic
- A ball is dropped from a height at the same time as another ball is projected horizontallyfrom the same height
- Would the ball hits the ground at the same time
- Explain your answer in (i)
- What is a machine?
- State the two use of gears
- Defie the velocity ratio for a pair of gear wheels
- How can the mechanical advantage of a gear system be increased?
Drop your comment below if you want the full PDF past question and we would forward it to your email address