United States Navy 2021/2022 Recruitment Portal| How To Joint The U.S Navy| Do you want to join the United States Navy? This article would provide information on the United States Navy recruitment and this includes the requirements, and how to apply as a foreigner.
The United States Navy undergoes recruitment every year and according to research, they currently have over 320,000 active officers and the recruitment is open to anyone who wants to join that Navy however it is important to take note of the requirements because only those who possess the requirements would be eligible to apply.
Can I join the U.S Navy as a foreigner? If you asked that question before then read this article till the end because answers would be provided to all the questions we have been able to gather.
Requirements For The U.S Navy Recruitment
Before you can be allowed to join the United States Navy, you must possess the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of the United states or resident alien
- Must be between age 17-39 to be enlisted and 19-42 to become an officer
- Must pass the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test or the Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR) and Aviation Selection Test Battery (ASTB) (Officer)
- Must pass a Military Entrance Processing Station medical exam
- Must meeth the physical and moral standards of the Navy
- Must be eligible for security clearance
Important Points To Note
It is very important to note that the United States Navy recruitment is free of charge also the application is open to women as there is no gender discrimination. Applicants aged 17 should note that they must have parental consent before applying for the U.S Navy recruitment.
You might have been what a resident alien means because it was listed as one of the requirements for the United States Navy recruitment and it simply means a person(U.S citizen or not) who meets the green card or substantial presence test.
How Can A Foreigner Join The U.S Navy?
Is it possible for a foreigner to join the United States Navy? There are a lot of foreigners willing to join the United States Navy but they do not know how to go about it and if you are one of them, then do not panic because this article would guide you on how to join the United States Navy.
Before applying for the United States Navy recruitment, you must be a citizen of the United States of America because from the requirements outlined, you can see that it is only open to citizens. Applicants must be able to speak English frequently and must currently reside in the United States of America as at the time of applying.
How To Apply For The U.S Navy Recruitment
In addition, recruitment can also be done through a local recruiter and you can get the list of recognized recruiters by visiting the Navy recruitment portal www.navy.com and clicking on the local recruiter icon. There are steps that the U.S Navy recommends for whoever wants to join them and those steps include:
- Contact a recruiter within your area
- Report to a Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) with your recruiter to take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test and undergo a physical examination
- Select the Navy job you are applying for based on your ASVAB score and physical qualifications
- Take the Oath of Enlistment and receive orders for Recruit Training Command (RTC)
Those who want to join the U.S Navy as officers can apply via any of the following means:
- Through the United States Naval Academy (USNA)
- Through the Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps (NROTC)/Officer Training Command (OTC)
How Hard Is It To Join The Navy?
Joining the Navy is easy if only you take note of the dos and don’ts of the U.S Navy. The minimum ASVAB score is 35 for enlistment, 31 for Naval reserve, and at least 50 for those with a General Education Diploma(GED).
U.S Navy Requirements For Females
The United States Navy recruitment is open to females but it is only open to those who possess the requirements. The requirements for females to join the United States Navy are the same as the general requirement so if you are a female planning to apply for the U.S Navy recruitment, then read the requirements we outlined in this article.
What Disqualifies You From Joining The Navy?
The things that can disqualify anyone from joining the Navy are basically categorized into three(3) and they include:
- Medical conditions
- History of crime
- Drug abuse, and alcohols
For more information, contact us via our contact page also let us know what you think about this article