Jamb Government Past Questions and Answer PDF Download| This is to inform those who are writing Government in the JAMB examinations that the past questions and answer is available in PDF format and this article would give you a preview of some of the questions.
Jamb Government Past questions are necessary for candidates who want to select government as one of the four subjects that they are going to write and over the years, the past question has helped a lot of students to score high in their examinations so if you want to score high in your JAMB government examination, then ensure that you practice enough past questions.
Jamb Government Past Questions
The Jamb government examination is made up of 50 objective questions and some of the questions below are selected from past years.
1.The tenure of an elected chairman of local government is determined by the? a. Federal Executive council b. National Union of Local government employees c. National Assembly d. State House of Assembly
2.The 1976 reforms made the local government the a. Second-tier of government b. first-tier of government c. fourth-tier of government d. Third-tier of government
3.Decision Making in the traditional Igbo political system was conferred on the basis of a. Privilege b. age c.gender d. status
4. The political party that originated from Jamiyyar Mutanem Arewa was a. UMBC b. BYM c. NEPU d. NPC
5.A major consequence of colonialism on Nigeria is? a. Economic dependence b. the attainment of equal status with Europe c. Suppression of state structures d. the upliftment of its image
6.The Judiciary contribute to the development of constitutions through a. Judicial review b. Historical records c. bye-laws d. acts of parliament
7.The upper house of the legislature is responsible for the a. Assent to bill b. Signing of treaties c. Approval of declaration d. Passage of appropriation bill
8. Which of the following political parties contested the 1983 Presidential Election? a. NRC and SDP b. AD and APP c. UNCP and NDP d. PRP and DPP
9. A mode of production in which the resources of a community are pooled together for the general well-being of the people is called a. Communism b. Communalism c. Socialism d. Capitalism
10. Which of these international organizations was Nigeria’s founding member? a. UNO b. The Commonwealth c. NATO d. ECOWAS
11. Nigeria’s role in ECOWAS was significant in dispute resolution in a. Liberia b. Nigeria c. The Gambia d. Senegal
12. An example of the civil right of a citizen is the right to a. Be voted for b. property and justice c. peaceful assembly d. Vote
13. In the judicial parlance, writ means? a. Restraining Order b. Prohibitive Order c. Acquitting order d. Sentencing Order
14. Public corporations are controlled by the legislature through a.Daily monitoring of their activities b. Discipline of staff c. Approval of their annual budgets d. Recruitment of staff
15. One of the reasons for the adoption of Africa as the centerpiece of Nigeria’s foreign policy is to a. Encourage rivalry in Africa b. monopolize African economies c. Protest her domestic environment d. Challenge the major powers
If you want the complete past questions, then drop your comment below also, ensure that you check out other JAMB past questions on our website.